Terms & Conditions
- The Curtin Malaysia Open Day 2017 Instagram Photo Contest (“the contest”) is being run by Curtin (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. (464213-M) in conjunction with the Curtin Malaysia Open Day on 14 October 2017.
- By entering the contest, entrants agree to abide by these Terms & Conditions.
- These Terms & Conditions are governed by the laws of Malaysia.
- The contest will run from 9 am to 11.59 pm on Saturday, 14 October 2017.
- Entry to the contest is open to all attendees of Curtin Malaysia Open Day 2017 (“Open Day”).
- To participate in the contest, entrants must:
- take a photo at the Curtin Malaysia campus during the Open Day; and
- upload it to their Instagram accounts (privacy settings must be set to ‘Public’ so we can retrieve your entry); and
- hashtag it with #CMOpenDay2017 and #Curtin50Years.
- An entry must contain both hashtags to qualify.
- By entering the contest, entrants grant Curtin Malaysia permission to use their photos on its website, social media channels and printed materials.
- Entry to the contest is free. Entrants will be responsible for all costs associated with entering the competition, which may include costs associated with accessing the internet.
- Entrants may submit more than one entry but only one will be selected.
- There will be one (1) prize offered. The prize will be a Starbucks Gift Card worth RM50.
- The prize is not redeemable for cash or any alternative prize.
- The winner will be selected by a judging panel. The judging panel will select the entry that is deemed the most creative (as determined by Curtin Malaysia in its sole and absolute discretion and based on the fulfilment of the competition’s theme).
- The prize winner will be contacted within seven (7) days after the contest ends. The prize winner will be contacted on Instagram via a comment by @curtinmalaysia on their winning image. They will be asked to provide their email address and contact details for further correspondence.
- If the prize winner does not respond to our correspondence about collecting his/her prize within ten (10) days, a re-selection will be conducted within twenty (20) days of the original selection date using the same method. Re-selection will continue until the prize has been claimed by a prize winner.
- If the prize winner is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s parent or legal guardian
- The prize winner, or if under the age of 18 years their parent or legal guardian, may be required to provide proof of identity (such as photographic ID) before receiving the prize.
- The prize winner will be responsible for all costs associated with collecting and using the prize.
- By entering the contest, the entrant agrees that they are over the age of 18 years, or if under the age of 18 years, have their parent’s or legal guardian’s consent to enter the competition.
- The prize winner’s name may be published on the Curtin Malaysia website and Curtin Malaysia social media channels. By entering the contest, entrants grant Curtin Malaysia permission to use their full name, Instagram handle and winning photo on its website and social media channels.
- Curtin Malaysia accepts no responsibility and shall not be held legally liable or responsible for any accident, loss, injury, or damage to any individual or property whether direct or indirect, whether in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise arising out of or in connection with the competition or the prize, either during or after the contest.
- All decisions by Curtin Malaysia will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Curtin Malaysia reserves the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions.